--**Zany Zany Zan**--

My Life Journey.... My Ups & Downs.... My Happiness... My Joy.... My Smiles... My Sorrows... My Pain.... My Loneliness.... My solace.... I have always been a loner....I am jus different... A Smile doesnt always mean happiness...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Who's to Blame???


I believe everyone is different and unique, one can/shd never compare one to another…
Parents and children argue over certain issues due to diff views or mentality, tt happens a lot in my family…
Y? cos there’s no communications. No one bothers to take a step back n try to understand the other party. All we want to do is to strongly prove out point(s), pointing out our own views in a way tt we r always right!!! Again, y?? cos stubborn-headedness and egoism runs in the family…… haiz…. *sigh*

I admit, I am the strongest one in the family tt thinks hey-listen-to-me-I-am-always-right!! Hahahhaa….. at least most of the time I am right and they trusted my opinion/views almost all the time cos I always have a strong ‘backing’or reasons behind something I say…. No one in the family can outtalk me when it comes to reasonings. well at least, excpt mum!! I cant go against her.. she’ll always win no matter hw wrong she is, but in the end, she’ll still listen to my reasonings, its jus tt she love to make it seem like ‘she’s won the battle’!!
Everyone knows tt, tts y we always give way…. You can argue all u want BUT there’s no way u can win in any argument with mum. She’s just good, too good. Hahaha… So the best way is, keep quiet, cool down n start with your reasonings. It a definite win if you hv a strong point.

Education. This have always been a big issue in the family. I know I come fm a background with low education level as compared to any other people. Not only tt, I also come fm a family with traditional way of thinking tt doesn’t believe tt education is important[esp for girls], being hardworking is more impt.

Like I said, everyone is different. Bro, sis n me… we’re all different pple!
You cant treat us the same way. Im still referring to education.
Wats similar in our treatment is, we were never pressurized on education. Failing exams or laziness n unwillingness to study was never an issue!! Cos according to them, ‘think for yourself, its your future at stake. U choose, u decide your fate’. So its really up to us to choose our path. Unfortunately, we all took it in the diff way.

Bro is the bo-chap one. Watever comes, he’ll go tt way. I dun think he made any choices in education, he jus go with the flow. Bro is all bout play. Soccer, soccer, soccer! Soccer rule his life. Back in primary sch, he was selected to play for Milo Team[yes tt milo energy drink] but parents were against it, wanting him to focus on studies. Probably cos he’s the first n only son in the family!! Even so, they nvr impose a strong rule tt results r impt. His interest will always evolves ard soccer. In sec sch, instead of working hard for sch, he focus on the sch soccer team n other clubs. He have been on the Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18 of the Tampines Rovers Club, Sembawang Rangers, Woodlands Clubs, Sengkang, ITE Balastier Soccer team, Combined ITE soccer team n etc.
If only, he was given tt choice of going towards his soccer dream, he wld hv become like many of his friend and bestfriend who’s career is being a soccer player n earning big bucks n traveled the world jus by playing soccer, doing something they love!!!

Then when it comes to me, I want to make a difference. I believe tt education is impt, I wana prove their point wrong. At times, I do feel like giving up thinking tt maybe girls really shd work so hard, y bother study hard?? But my stubborn-headedness overrules. Same treatment was given for me, no pressure. I didn’t know wat my talents are, sec sch was my chance to experience things. Unfortunately, I still dunno wats my talent. Anyway, working smart was my strategy. I wasn’t the cleverest[tts y im in normal academic] but I believe I am quite smart. Being fast-learner was an advantage, plus I was[I mentioned ‘was’] hard working. Excelling in studies boosted my ego, I wanted to be the best all the time n I jus continue to work harder n harder. Sec 1, I was 4th in class.. by sec 2 I made to be the 1st n since then, I never wanna let go of my position. Yearly Edusave Scholarship was a good motivation too!! Hey $500 is a lot of money to me, at tt time!!! Of cos, there r setbacks. Parents never supported my education. I’ve always dreamt of going to overseas university, Melbourne, Australia in particular. Right fm the start, I was told tt we cldnt afford it. So I gave up. Gave up on the chance of going to express stream for sec2 n sec3. I chose my yearly $500 n friends, I wldnt get tt money in express cos there’s a lot of clever pple there. I switch to Poly as my target. Spend 5 years in sec sch. Aft N levels, was told to work rightaway, siow! Again aft O lvl, was told to work!! I spend 5 freaking yrs in sch n u want me to work??? Crazy, I still wanna study. It was sad cos they say they cldnt afford Poly for me. My aunt told me of Mendaki scholarship, I applied n tada! 100% subsidized. Thanks to low income n gd grades!! I was strong in something I want. For me, I feel tt no pressure is gd but hated tt they always pulls my hope down n asking me to give up on studies. Im glad Im stubborn enough nt to give up. I gave up aft poly, uni is too ex to afford n no one gave support.

Now, Sis. The rule never change. No pressure in education. Ok, for her, maybe a lil bit of pressure cos of me, plus she’s the last child. Maybe she’s a lil slow in learning but support was nt extended to her. I tried teaching, but I cant… im nt patient enough n im still a student, I gt my sch stuffs also. I tried pushing my parent for tuition for her. Instead, they give her a choice!! Of cos, she said no. Y? She had no interest in studies. Fail-no-worries theory made her less motivated to study. She kept thinking n saying tt she’s nt as smart n gave up. She completely give up. She was told the same thing too, go to work aft sec sch!! Bt she took it differently, she’s really going to work aft sch. Even rite nw, she gave up going to sec 5 for o lvl. I agreed on tt cos, she’ll struggle if she do tt, she’s alrdy struggling for N lvl nw. ITE is nt a bad choice either. The sad thingy was, she gave up completely on scoring for grades cos she tot getting to ITE was easy. Oh gosh, grades wld mean a lot!! It determines you choice of courses later. Again, parents dun bother tt much. Only today, mum seem worried n scolded her for nt being serious. Y? Y now? Its too late, N lvl is NOW. Tt exams will determine wherther u gt to go for sec 5 or ITE or work straightaway…. Haiz. Sis snapped jus now, she was blaming mum for her current state. Blamed her for making her think of work n tt studies aren’t impt, results r nt impt. Yes, she is stubborn…. In a diff way….. Haiz….

So wats the problem here?? Everyone [nt specifically blaming anyone] fails to see tt each of us is different. We all take diff approach. No one believe or bother to ask us wat is it tt we really want. No one realize wats our dreams, support was nt extended. In the end, all of us give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home